Global Language Center (GLC) is a Woman Owned small business providing a wide array of professional services to the US Government and commercial clients worldwide. Founded in 1996, GLC has grown because of our superb performance, care of employees, and in-depth language expertise. We offer several services customized to our clients’ organizational or individual needs.
GLC is currently accepting resumes for a Educational Technology Specialist position to work on a government contract.
Educational Technology Specialist
- Assist the CSD Educational Technology Coordinators by sharing information and aligning processes with instructional division Educational Technology Coordinators. Disseminate technology information through division ETCs.
- Provide support for Curriculum, Staff Development, and Learning Consultation Service sections to ensure available technology meets CSD’s mission needs.
- Evaluate new software products, services, and procedures to determine their suitability for use in SLS. Help Ed Tech Coordinators find new technologies to support language instruction. Provide training and support to instructional staff on educational software and hardware.
- Communicate with divisions to assess hardware and software requirements and track subscription renewal dates, costs, and software licenses.
- Collect software, hardware, and maintenance requests from functional and instructional divisions and coordinate with OMIS and SLS/Admin to submit budget and purchase requests.
- Submit and track SLS requests to the FSI Change Control Board CCB for software on FSINet and OpenNet. Communicate status updates to requesting section.
- Maintain a repository of SOPs, processes and best practices. Create and update SOPs.
- Collaborate with EX/AV to provide webinars, video production, sound production, and other AV services to SLS staff and students. Coordinate updates to the SLS Orientation video.
- Maintain the Technology and Innovation laptops, iPads and other mobile devices. Work with EX/AV, EX/OMIS, and relevant points of contact in the language divisions to update software. Inform affected SLS parties of outstanding or pending upgrades.
- Maintain the Photo request system. Fulfill daily download requests and organize repository of requested images for future users.
Page 21 of 71
- Schedule meeting locations, maintain innovation section shared mailboxes, send emails on behalf of the Educational Technology Coordinator, and manage innovation calendars.
- Backstop Technology Systems Specialist as the point of contact for SharePoint support and Office 365 troubleshooting.
- Conduct other duties as assigned, including one-off projects and general technical assistance in support of Department, FSI, and SLS technological initiatives.
- Education level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 1 year working in Education technology related field
- Proven Proficiency: Knowledge Management Systems Administration (ex: SharePoint)
- Education level: Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Education Technology / Instructional Technology Related Field
- Experience: 1 year working in Instructional Technology Role
- Knowledge of Educational Delivery Systems / Learning Management Systems (e.g. Cornerstone OnDemand)
- Knowledge of Instructional Technology Hardware and Software
All applications and resumes submitted will be added to a GLC’s candidate pool for future openings. Your application and resume will be reviewed when there is an opening.