- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching adult learners the foreign language they will be providing to FSI in a classroom setting (2 or more students).
- BA/BS, MA/MS, or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree(s) in any field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching foreign language with proficiency-based or task-based curricula.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience administering proficiency-based assessments (i.e., DLPT, ACT-FL OPI, etc.).
- A minimum English proficiency level of a 2:2 on the ILR proficiency scale.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- BS/BA or MS/MA or foreign equivalent degree in relevant language education field preferred.
- Experience developing foreign language instructional materials and/or curricula preferred.
- Experience teaching with the communicative approach preferred.
- Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in teaching preferred.
- Experience teaching blending learning activities valued.
- Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued.
- Experience administering proficiency-based assessments valued.
- Experience teaching with vocabulary-based language learning materials valued.
- Experience delivering training targeted to needs of diplomatic community valued.