Global Language Center (GLC) is a Woman Owned small business providing a wide array of professional language services to the US Government and commercial clients worldwide. Founded in 1996, GLC has grown because of our superb performance, care of employees, and in-depth language expertise. We offer several language services customized to our clients’ organizational or individual needs covering over 60 different languages and dialects such as foreign language instruction and cultural awareness training to a wide range of Government employees. GLC has been working with the State Department for the last 12 years providing foreign language training for new and continuing Foreign Service Officers, Diplomats and Ambassadors. During this time, we have increased our full-time staff to over 240 instructors, curriculum developers, testers, distance learning mentors, and management and support staff.
We now plan to increase our staff over the next nine months and the services of an additional highly skilled and well experienced Program Manager are critical to our continued success. The successful candidate will take great pride in managing a team of teachers instructing new foreign languages and cultures to the U.S. diplomatic corps who will be responsible for advancing the diplomatic goals of the United States during the coming time of significant challenges.
The Duties and Qualifications for this additional PM position are described below.
• Apply knowledge of personnel management (including responsibilities under all applicable labor laws) to manage and monitor activities of the company’s employees
• Apply management and leadership skills in consulting, coaching, mentoring, and directing employees from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds when issues requiring intervention arise.
• Coordinate training, coaching and development of employees as needed to ensure high quality language instruction.
• Meet with the Federal Government’s CO, COR, ACOR, or GTM as needed regarding assignments, contractor performance and/or conduct, planning, and status updates.
• Inform the CO, COR, or ACOR of any issues requiring Government attention.
• Participate in client meetings and have current, accurate information to report regarding program performance.
• Provide timely reports as required and requested.
• Proactively anticipate risk issues and provide mitigation plans.
• Lead the transition plan at all phases.
• Design and maintain spreadsheets to monitor company staffing allocations.
• Track open positions and coordinate resources to fill in a timely manner.
• Implement and enforce Government and company policies with company staff.
• Monitor and track contractor time and attendance to ensure that employees are at work and in class as assigned.
Performance Monitoring & Quality Control
• Monitor performance of company employees.
• Provide feedback on performance (from evaluations) and institute Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) when necessary.
• Lead all quality control efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• MA/MS or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree in applied linguistics, foreign language education, second language acquisition, or a related field.
• Two or more years of experience administering a foreign language program.
• Three or more years of experience as a foreign language instructor, tester, curriculum developer, or similar role.
• A minimum of 4,500 hours experiences leading and directing programs.
• Experience in overseeing and performing administration on a staff of 100 + in a related field.
• Experience managing non-native U.S. citizens '
• Management experience in tracking budgets on large government contracts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Experience in proactive recruiting, hiring, and training to fulfill emerging requirements.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience managing non-native U.S. citizens in a highly diverse cultural setting preferred.
• Knowledge of adult language teaching and learning principles, curriculum design methods, evaluation, and/or teacher training preferred.
• Experience providing teacher training valued.
• Experience teaching to and/or testing with the ILR scale in an adult learning environment valued.
• Project Management Professional Certification valued.