Global Language Center (GLC) is a Woman Owned small business providing a wide array of professional services to the US Government and commercial clients worldwide. Founded in 1996, GLC has grown because of our superb performance, care of employees, and in-depth language expertise. We offer several services customized to our clients’ organizational or individual needs.
GLC is currently accepting resumes for a Curriculum Specialist/Instructional Designer II position to work on a government contract.
Curriculum Specialist/Instructional Designer II
Required Professional/Educational Experience & Corresponding Duties:
- Minimum 7 years of curriculum development/instructional design experience or 2 years curriculum/instructional design experience plus MS/MA (or higher) degree in related field; with proven ability in designing a wide variety of classroom, blended, and experiential training applications including, but not limited to, foreign affairs, tradecraft, foreign language, leadership, or applications/IT systems training.
- Proven expertise serving as curriculum/instructional designer of classroom courses and informal training products in a corporate training environment that demonstrate sound instructional principles, strategies, and techniques for adult learners. Experience conducting needs assessment and analysis, designing appropriate instructional approach, and working on a team to design, develop, pilot, implement, and evaluate training for an adult, professional audience.
- Demonstrated ability to apply learning theories to create effective instructional designs.
- Demonstrated experience with Curriculum Development / Maintenance, i.e., developing and revising/updating courses and informal training products that use a range of methods, lecture-based to experiential, as appropriate to the content, learning objectives, and associated KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes), with the goal of structuring the learning experience so that it results in transformation – deep, nuanced understanding and dramatically improved performance.
- Experience with the appropriate integration of a wide variety of educational technologies and continuous learning techniques to enhance the learning experience, maximize achievement of learning objectives, and facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace or personal setting, as appropriate to the course goals.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Expert/s (SME) to conduct needs/audience analysis; develop training objectives, evaluation strategy, and course/product outline; design course/product content; develop scaffolded, interactive course activities and assessment items. This includes compiling and organizing information and writing and editing instructional materials to adapt policies and procedures, regulations, reference documents, and raw materials into clear, effective, interactive and experiential training.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and leading facilitation sessions with all participants in the curriculum development cycle, for the purposes of needs assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of courses and programs.
- Demonstrated experience integrating formative assessment throughout the course design, both to ensure that learners can track their progress and that instructional staff are able to measure the extent to which learning is progressing as intended. Experience with the appropriate use of checklists and rubrics for performance-based assessment, as well as quizzes and tests for assessment of developing knowledge.
- Significant, proven experience as a member of a team and a team leader; positive interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of cultures.
- Ability to design needs assessments and survey questionnaires used to gather data on training needs, reactions, application, and organizational impact.
- Experience in blending learning design valued.
- Experience in experiential learning, gaming and/or simulations valued.
- Experience integrating flipped design methods valued.