Educational Technology Advisor
Required Professional/Educational Experience & Corresponding Duties:
1. Minimum of 5 years of experience integrating educational technologies into training curricula, plus MS/MA (or higher) in relevant field, with proven ability to integrate a wide variety of educational technologies into the design and delivery of training at the course, curriculum, division, school, and institutional level.
2. Proven ability to use a variety of educational technologies in Curriculum Development and/or Instructional Design for multiple training contexts, to include foreign affairs, tradecraft, foreign language, and applications/IT systems training.
3. Demonstrated experience collaborating with trainers to develop technology-enhanced curriculum and activities, evaluating needs and uses of specific technologies (both hardware and software), providing consultation and training on technologies, and promoting the use of a wide range of technologies across the organization.
4. Demonstrated expertise creating lesson plans, learning objectives, curriculum design, and instructional design that integrate educational technology.
5. Experience with teaching and developing curriculum for blended and continuous learning (live and virtual classrooms);
Page 22 of 71
6. Knowledge and experience with a range of educational technologies for virtual training delivery, to include designing and conducting webinars and virtual instructor-led training;
7. Experience resolving the instructional challenges of synchronous and asynchronous virtual classes;
8. Proven ability to research, identify and implement innovative methods and techniques to assess educational technology needs as innovative practices and technologies evolve.
9. Experience providing one-on-one and/or small group train-the-trainer instruction, coaching and support;
10. Knowledge of Technology Adoption and/or Socialization Practices;
11. Experience providing hands-on support for instructors learning new educational technology for integration into their curricula;
12. Basic knowledge of evaluation design and data analysis to measure the effect of integrating educational technologies into training, using quantitative and qualitative measures to evaluate the impact of new technologies over time.
13. Proven experience as a member of a team and a team leader; proven ability to explain complex content related to integration of educational technologies and approaches to non-technical staff; positive interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation, particularly with clients from a wide variety of cultures.