Global Language Center is currently hiring Language (Spanish) Raters for multiple position under a current contract.
• Serves as a Rater for language proficiency examinations, performing flexibly in the role of either a Tester or Examiner as needed due to the testing schedule. Proficiency tests may be face-to-face or by digital video conference or another technology-based medium (such as telephone, recorded audio, recorded video). The FSI language proficiency test rates the examinee's skills in reading and speaking.
• May participate in the creation and piloting of new reading kits to be used in language proficiency testing.
• May participate in the production of audio or video materials for use in conjunction with LTU testing training.
• May conduct test reviews following procedures defined by documentation in the LTU's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• May conduct Quality Control on language proficiency tests assigned by LTU representative following procedures defined by documentation in the LTU's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• May be requested to conduct End-of-Training (EOT) tests at one of FSI's overseas field schools and/or regional programs.
• Collaborate with COR, ACOR, GTM and/or others, to participate in the reviewing and editing of foreign language and/or English testing materials.
• Adhere to all copyright guidelines and restrictions and follow FSI and SLS procedures regarding copyright.
• Adhere to all guidelines and follow all procedures regarding testing material security and safeguarding test score data.
1. Current FSI Tester and Examiner certification.
2. English proficiency of 3 or higher (ILR scale) in speaking, documented and certified through an approved third party vendor listed on documentation provided by FSI/SLS/LTU. Contractor companies will be required to provide this verification document from the third party vendor prior to an in-person screening.
3. Native language proficiency of 4 or higher (ILR scale) in speaking and reading documented and certified through an approved third party vendor listed on documentation provided by FSI/SLS/LTU. Contractor companies will be required to provide this verification document from the third party vendor prior to an in-person screening.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience conducting proficiency-based tests (e.g., DLAB, ACTFL OPI) in one or more foreign languages.
2. BA/BS, MA/MS or PhD in language testing, evaluation and measurement, educational assessment, applied linguistics, second language acquisition or related field.
3. Experience in designing and/or selecting testing materials.
4. Experience with online delivery systems used to administer proficiency-based exams.
All applications and resumes submitted will be added to a GLC’s candidate pool for future openings. Your application and resume will be reviewed when there is an opening in your language.