Global Language Center (GLC) is a Woman Owned small business providing a wide array of professional services to the US Government and commercial clients worldwide. Founded in 1996, GLC has grown because of our superb performance, care of employees, and in-depth language expertise. We offer several services customized to our clients’ organizational or individual needs.
GLC is currently accepting resumes for a Media Specialist III position to work on a government contract.
Media Specialist III
The Media Specialist maintains functionality (expiration dates, incorrect labeling, etc.) for a variety of media sources, e.g., tapes, cassettes, microfiche, film, and compact disks/DVDs, in addition to introduction of new media technology. Troubleshoots and resolves media errors and data processing problems; use of preplanned procedures when troubleshooting but may deviate from standard operating procedures. The Media Specialist III adapts to a variety of nonstandard problems that require extensive specialist assistance (e.g., expiration date on media, media internally labeled incorrectly or frequent introduction of new media technology). In response to media error conditions, this Worker chooses or devises a course of action from among processing tanks and dryer, around polished drum, and onto take-up reel. The specialist turns valves to fill tanks with premixed solutions such as developer, dyes, stop-baths, fixers, bleaches, and washes, moves thermostatic control to keep steam-heated drum at specified temperature, and splices sensitized paper to leaders using tape. The specialist then starts machine and throws switches to synchronize drive speeds of processing and drying units, compares processed prints with color standard, reports variations to control department, adds specified amount of chemicals to renew solutions, and maintains production records.
*All labor categories require contractor staff to have, at minimum, the following qualifications:
- S. citizenship
- Fluency in the English Language
- high school diploma
- Two to three years of experience in a related field
- Superior organization skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- The ability to follow technical direction as delivered by the Program Manager.
- The ability to interact effectively in a multicultural setting.
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work effectively and on a team with colleagues in various employment categories.
such as civil and foreign service government employees and other contract employees.
- The ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office business applications software sufficient to meet the needs of their specific position (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint,
The following qualifications and experience are desirable but not required.
- Secondary education, such as associates or bachelor’s degrees.
- Work experience in an educational or training institute