Program Manager – Education Management (Language Division)
- Apply knowledge of contractor personnel management (including responsibilities under all applicable labor laws) to monitor activities of the Contractor Company employees
- Apply management and leadership skills in consulting, coaching, mentoring and directing contractors from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds when issues requiring intervention arise.
- Coordinate training, coaching and development of contractors as needed to ensure high quality language instruction.
- Monitor and track contractor time and attendance to ensure that contractors are at work and in class as assigned.
- Meet with CO, COR, ACOR, or GTM as needed regarding assignments, contractor performance and/or conduct, planning, and status updates.
Inform the CO, COR, or ACOR of any and all issues requiring Government attention.
- Design and maintain spreadsheets to monitor contractor staffing allocations.
Implement and enforce Government and company policies with contractor staff.
- Lead the transition plan at all phases.
- Track open positions and coordinate resources to fill in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance of contract staff. Provide feedback on performance (from evaluations) and institute performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Lead all quality control efforts.
- Participate in client meetings and have current, accurate information to report regarding program performance.
- Provide timely reports as required and requested.
- Proactively anticipate risk issues and provide mitigation plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MA/MS or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree in applied linguistics, foreign language education, second language acquisition, or a related field.
- Two or more years of experience administering a foreign language program.
- Three or more years of experience as a foreign language instructor, tester, curriculum developer, or similar role.
- A minimum of 4,500 hours experience leading and directing programs.
- Experience in overseeing and performing administration on a staff of 100 + in a related field.
- Experience managing non-native U.S. citizens
- Management experience in tracking budgets on large government contracts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in proactive recruiting, hiring, and training to fulfill emerging requirements.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing non-native U.S. citizens in a highly diverse cultural setting preferred.
- Knowledge of adult language teaching and learning principles, curriculum design methods, evaluation, and/or teacher training preferred.
- Experience providing teacher training valued.
- Experience teaching to and/or testing with the ILR scale in an adult learning environment valued.
- Project Management Professional Certification valued.