GLC is currently seeking Spanish Language Instructors for instruction with FSI in Arlington, VA. GLC has long provided language instruction to our nation’s diplomatic corps at the U.S. Department of State. The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience teaching adults coupled with solid experience in language education and methodology and adult education.
- Plan and/or conduct group language classes using a wide variety of language teaching methodologies and techniques, stressing speaking, listening comprehension, and reading skills
- Use established training materials and work collaboratively and closely with other instructors under the direct guidance of the Language Training Supervisor (LTS) on training and/or testing matters
- In collaboration with the LTS, adapt teaching techniques and approaches to the students’ individual learning styles and needs
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching adult learners the foreign language they will be providing to FSI in a classroom setting (2 or more students).
- BA/BS, MA/MS, or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree(s) in any field.
- A minimum English proficiency level of a 2:2 on the ILR proficiency scale.
- ILR level of 4 or above in Polish, or Native Proficiency
- BS/BA or MS/MA or foreign equivalent degree in relevant language education field.
- Experience developing foreign language instructional materials and/or curricula.
- Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in teaching.
- Experience administering proficiency-based assessments.
- Experience teaching with vocabulary-based language learning materials.
- Experience delivering training targeted to needs of diplomatic community.
- Fully knowledgeable of the target culture and current usage of the language.
Please submit a resume and be sure to list all teaching experience in your resume, including in-person and distance learning settings.